Author: Jan Scholten
DD: Carbon series; Silver series.
The order of the Saxifragales has long been recognised as an order. The main members have been Saxifragaceae and Crassulaceae. The others have been shifted quite a lot.
The placement of this order is in dispute. It is in the Core Eudicotyledons and has been associated with the Rosidae, seen as basal Rosidae, or basal Asteridae. The Saxifragales are placed at the beginning of the Eudicots, one of the first Core Eudicots. It is sometimes seen as one of the basal Rosidae Orders.
In the Plant theory Saxifragales is placed in Malvanae. Patients from this group have strong Silver series qualities. They have come from higher class and noble families and have difficulty giving that up and to give it a place in their life. Saxifragales fits quite well in the Carbon series of the Malvanae, being a combination of Carbon series and Silver series.
Saxifragales are little known in homeopathy. The best known remedy is Hamamelis virginiana.
1. Paeoniaceae, Peridiscaceae: they feel an outsider, having no position in society.
2. Iteaceae, Pterostemonaceae: they will feel too shy and timid to do something with their desire to belong to higher classes.
3. Penthoraceae, Aphanopetalaceae, Tetracarpaeaceae: they have to please others to get respect.
4. Hamamelidaceae, including Altingiaceae, Cercidiphyllaceae, Daphniphyllaceae: they feel entitled to respect from others.
5. Crassulaceae: they try to get respect with their enthusiasm and passion.
6. Saxifragaceae: they will be semi-accepted in high social classes.
7. Cynomoriaceae: they will feel an outcast, having lost their high social position and self esteem.
The theme is then that of survival and being of a higher social class. It is difficult to combine the primitive survival quality with the high social attitudes, to combine fear of poverty and disease with etiquette. Typically they keep up appearances. They want to look very sophisticated and neat. It is not that they want to be beautiful and attractive but just perfect. It is difficult to hear from them exactly what the problem is. They make up all kinds of nice stories, they give a show of being perfect and they act as if they can handle everything. Underneath is a pronounced anxiety, that they cannot cope, that they will not survive and that they will fall into poverty. They feel they cannot show this anxiety because then they are will not be noble anymore. It is like the princess-child. It is a conflict between culture and etiquette on the one hand and vitality and instinct on the other hand.
They have difficulty to express themselves well, expressing their emotions and to communicating on a personal basis. This indicates that the Silicon series is not incorporated yet.
Refined, sensitive, desire beauty.
Feeling the external world is too hard for them, too hard on them.
Retreat and solidify.
Sensation: hard, solidifying.
Heart: varicose veins.
Urinary: bladder, kidney stones; dropsy.
Limbs: varicose veins; heavy legs, oedema.