In the Apg3 classification Sapindales is one of the Orders of the Subclass Malvidae. Sapindales includes 6 big Families and 3 small ones. Sapindales has been recognised long as an Order with a stabile group of families in general.
In the first version of the Plant theory it is placed in Phase 4. Now Sapindales has been split in Rutales in Phase 4 and Sapindales in Phase 5.
Sapindales retains the families Sapindaceae, Simaroubaceae and Meliaceae. Sapindaceae is split in 5 Subfamilies
1. Dodonaeoideae, Subfamily of Sapindaceae: they start afresh every time to show their uniqueness.
2. Paullinioideae Subfamily of Sapindaceae: they feel not seen and of minor position in society.
3. Litchioideae Subfamily of Sapindaceae: they feel they have to please and adapt in society.
4. SHippocastanaceae Subfamily of Sapindaceae: the rules of society and culture are strong and too rigid.
5. SCupanoideae Subfamily of Sapindaceae: they feel limited by society, want to show their uniqueness more.
6. Simaroubaceae: they feel the victim of the society, the rigidity of it.
7. Meliaceae: they feel an outcast because they do not accept the rules of society.